Musical Biscuits

Monday, June 26, 2006

THREE BRAND-NEW MAINSTREAM, HOT97-TYPE
HIP-HOP BISCUITS I'M DIGGING

1. Busta Rhymes' whole The Big Bang CD, but especially "New York Shit," which is supposedly produced by DJ Scratch, but is in fact almost the exact same track as Diamond D's 90's classic "I Went For Mine." The flute loop still sounds nice as hell.

2. New Clipse (feat. Pharrell): "Mr. Me Too." Man, it's good to hear Malice and Pusha again. Supposedly a proper album (not a mixtape) coming soon -- finally!

3. Ray Cash (feat. Scarface): "Bumping My Music." Apparently, this guy is from Cleveland. He sounds kinda Southern to me, but comfortable in lots of different styles. I'm surprised I'm liking this as much as I am. Usually, rapping about rap and rap history comes off corny, but not here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home