Musical Biscuits

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

BITE-SIZE BISCUITS
For the week of October 23rd


* Per Okayplayer, ?uestlove is currently working with Pharrell on a new live-instrumentation version of the latter's disappointing solo debut, In My Mind, which came out earlier this year. Remember, Pharrell did the same thing with N.E.R.D's In Search Of...; for the US release it was re-recorded with help from the band Spymob. Err, I'm not so sure about this one, guys. The N.E.R.D. album was pretty good to begin with. But I'll wait and see.

* Speaking of ?uest, the guy is like an effing one-man musical movement -- he's got his hands in a million projects at once. In addition to the Pharrell project, apparently he's currently producing Al Green's upcoming album (very exciting), drumming on Jill Scott's next joint (also exciting, she hasn't let me down yet). And this may be just a rumor, but I heard something recently about a collaboration between ?uest, Andre 3000, and W. Marsalis for a track-by-track remake of Kind of Blue. Again, I've got my prejudices but I'll hold my tongue til I hear it, assuming it ever happens.

* Speaking of Andre, what do you all think about this Cartoon Network thing? It's old news, but it sounds like it is definitely happening. The Outkast rapper has been working on his own animated TV series and is contributing a new song for each episode. "Class of 3000" debuts November 3.

* On a much more serious and non-musical-related note, please take a minute and read this incredibly powerful and moving letter by Kevin Tillman, brother of Pat Tillman who was killed in Afghanistan and whose death was exploited in a despicable manner by the Bush Administration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home